The Mendip School – Summer Term 2017
This project was an 11-week pilot project involving students in-school time and parents and students working together after school both on one afternoon a week. In-school time, ten students attended each week with six others attending once to three times. After school three parents with their son/daughter attended regularly.
Aims of project
- To encourage pupils to enjoy being outside
- To introduce pupils to a wide range of gardening skills
- To introduce pupils to a wide range of tools and their safe use
- To increase self-confidence and self-esteem in individuals
- For families to enjoy being together in the garden